Tuesday, April 23

Peek Into Kris & Kate's

St. Joseph, Missouri
------------------------------------------------------------
On a recent antiquing and thrifting trip to St. Joe, we ran across this walk-up/drive-through ice cream shop. The truth is we weren't paying attention and drove right past the street where we should have turned. I looked up from my magazine and said, "Hey, we're going the wrong way, I don't recognize any of this." Then I said, "WOW, check out that giant ice cream cone. STOOOOOOP!"

The day was slightly overcast and chilly yet there was a steady stream of customers while we were there. It isn't exactly ice cream weather, but who can resist when the building is so pink and cute? There's a playhouse, sand volleyball court, picnic table and more seating to the back of Kris & Kate's. I have a feeling this place is crawling with kids and families when the summer heat and humidity kick into gear.

If you're ever in St. Joe and heading there from Kansas City, take exit 47 from I-29. You'll be on Frederick. Take a right on Belt Street and you'll see it on your left. Hope you run into it sometime too!

Photos by Linh Trieu

0 comments: