Tuesday, July 19

jorge t.

Jorge T. | Server
Years of Industry Service: 15
----------------------------------------------------
Jorge has one of those deep, intriguing voices that make you bend your head a bit and just listen. But that wasn't always so. "When I was younger, they thought I was a girl on the phone, my voice changed in high school." Born in Mexico City, Jorge emigrated to the United State 20 years ago. He has always worked for independent restaurants and throughout, he has also put his distinctive voice to good use as a radio deejay. Jorge is the host of Breaking Thru Darkness, a Spanish broadcast, on local community station KKFI 90.1 FM (Tuesday nights from 9:30-midnight). "It's a great business," he says. "I love being on the radio, it's one of the best jobs I've ever had." It's a bi-lingual show; he chooses the music and the program and puts together a lineup showcasing a lot of different countries. Jorge is very involved in the Latin community.

  Make KC Better » Generally, KC is good. I would like to see more events for the Latino community, to get more involved. It's a big city. 

0 comments: