Friday, August 5

mike b.

Michael B. | Chef/Owner
Years of Industry Service: 15
----------------------------------------------------
Michael became a chef by mistake. Not his mistake, however. He was interning at a restaurant and was supposed to work with the general manager, but they thought he was from the culinary school. So they put him on the grill and told him to "do what this guy is doing. I got my ass kicked but it was fun," he said. Michael "only" started cooking ten years ago, before that he was a server.

Michael is from southern Oklahoma, has lived in Tulsa and went to Italy for culinary school, but primarily, he was there to work. "I don't believe that culinary school makes you a great chef," he says. "You have to have a good work ethic and keep learning and teaching yourself." 

Michael has two kids, a 5-year-old and an 11-month-old who take up much of his free time. Otherwise, " I have a garden. I love to fish. I like to read," he says. "I try to relax as much as I can."

  Make Lawrence Better » Find local product and for people to be interested in local cuisine. I want it to go faster but I'm excited about where that's going

0 comments: